The S.A.V.E. Program originated to help notify consumers about funds which have been raised to hit the Solar Initiative. These funds have been set aside for programs assisting households in accessing solar technology. S.A.V.E., one of two targeted programs that resulted, provides significant solar capabilities for solar electric systems to qualifying single-family homeowners. Originally scheduled to sunset in 2016, the S.A.V.E. program has been extended until 2022.
- Create broad community engagement with solar in affordable housing.
- Provide education for homeowners on the benefits of energy efficiency and solar technologies.
- Enroll and refer qualifying families to providers for energy efficiency services.
- Enable families to access money-saving solar technologies by providing no-cost solar opportunities.
- Provide additional opportunities for community volunteers to participate and for public-private partnerships supporting communities to develop.
- Support local green-jobs training and workforce development programs by enabling job trainees to participate in solar electric system installations.
S.A.V.E. is a part of the Grow Solar campaign